MN DECA SCHOLARSHIP PROCEDURES
Please take a moment to review. MN DECA offers two scholarships at the state level of $500 each. To apply, students are to use the Applegate scholarship process through National DECA. From the submissions from Minnesota, two will be awarded at the State Career Development Conference. See additional information below.
Scholarship deadline for National Applegate Scholarships as well as Minnesota DECA consideration is January 19, 2018.
Please share with your members.
As we gear up for the holiday break, we just wanted to take a moment and ask that you remind your DECA members that DECA’s online scholarship program deadline is quickly approaching, January 19, 2018.
Please encourage your members to apply to as many applications that they meet the criteria. Below is a quick overview of companies that contribute to DECA’s scholarship program and the basic criteria:
Career Interest and/or Employment Based
– AICPA (part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
– Hilton Worldwide (part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
– Marriott International
School- based Enterprises (SBE)
– Aryzta (Otis Spunkmeyer, Inc.)
– International Franchise Association Educational Foundation (Don DeBolt)
– PepsiCo Chilled DSD (as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
– PDC Productions (as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
– M&M Productions USA (as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
– DECA Regions (Central, North Atlantic, Southern & Western)
– NSHSS (must also be a member of the student organization)
– NTHS (must also be a member of the student organization)
In addition, many colleges and universities that partner with DECA offer scholarships to DECA members. These can be found here.
Remember to have your members apply online before January 19, 2018.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management around the globe.