With over a 60 year history, DECA has touched the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals since it was founded in 1946. Their strong connection with our organization has resonated into a brand that people identify as a remarkable experience in the preparation of emerging leaders and entrepreneurs. DECA’s programs and activities have constantly evolved as we use the latest technology and apply cutting edge educational research. Our core focus has remained consistent and is captured in our mission.
Our guiding principles explain how we fulfill our mission by addressing what we do and the outcomes we expect. DECA enhances the preparation for college and careers by providing co-curricular programs that integrate into classroom instruction, applying learning in the context of business, connecting to business and the community and promoting competition. Our student members leverage their DECA experience to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders.
DECA's Comprehensive Learning Program
Integrates into Classroom Instruction
An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
Connects to Business
Partnerships with businesses at local and broader levels provide DECA members realistic insight into industry and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
As in the global economy, a spark of competition drives DECA members to excel and improve their performance.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
DECA enhances the co-curricular education of members through a comprehensive learning program that integrates into classroom instruction, applies learning, connects to business and promotes competition.
DECA’s activities assist in the development of academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders.
MN DECA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student organization with more than 3,000 members throughout Minnesota. MN DECA is funded in part by the Minnesota Foundation for Student Organizations.
Other Benefits from DECA Membership
- You will learn that ENTHUSIASM at the top generates enthusiasm throughout the organization.
- Ambitious goals result in GREATER ACHIEVEMENT than when you establish comfortable goals.
- Participation can be an exciting experience in PERSONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
- A chance to practice and learn valuable lessons in the importance of COMMUNICATIONS & HUMAN RELATIONS.
- Participation gives valuable experience in practical ORGANIZATIONAL TECHNIQUES, valuable in business.
- Proud achievements will help you develop greater SELF-CONFIDENCE & A BETTER SELF-IMAGE.
- Participation in committees and officership will give you experience in RESPONSIBILITY AND FOLLOW-THROUGH.
- Personal and organizational experience may spark the skills of ORIGINALITY & CREATIVITY.
- You may build FRIENDSHIPS & SPHERES OF INFLUENCE so valuable in later business life.
- Important to future success, DECA involvement can give you development in MATURITY & SELF-RELIANCE.
- Valuable lessons may be learned - how to INVOLVE & MOTIVATE others to attain worthwhile goals.
- Working with DECA Members can teach you valuable skills in TEAM BUILDING & PARTICIPATION.
- You will learn the value of TIME MANAGEMENT as you complete your projects and assignments.
- Valuable practice may be gained in the development and application of MANAGEMENT STYLES for effective results.
- Exercises and techniques of PROBLEM SOLVING and effective COMMITTEE WORK may be learned through DECA.
- In preparation for the real business world, you will learn how to PROFIT FROM MISTAKES and the THRILL OF SUCCESS.
- DECA can give you a WINNING EDGE in the competitive world of business and marketing by teaching you what you need to know to SURVIVE & SUCCEED in the years ahead.